This is a great recipe that uses up pretty much everything you have left in your fridge. I had some leftover pork tenderloin and rice in the fridge and figured to make a quick, one pot meal. I love fried rice because it's so easy to make and really is an "everything and the kitchen sink" type of recipe.
I highly suggest prepping all your ingredients and laying them out before you start.
When I was in college I spent a few years working at the front desk of a hotel. By far the best part of that job was the amazing Thai restaurant that was located right next door. I had never eaten Thai before, but I quickly became hooked on their Pad See Ew and I always, always ordered extra peanut sauce.
- Wipe away any dirt with a damp paper towel.
- Pull off stem and make a flat surface.
- Holding your knife firmly, and using a claw grip slice evenly with your dominant hand.
- Continue until mushroom sliced up and enjoy!
The Foodie's favorite kinds of mushrooms:
- White (or button mushrooms) - are the most commonly seen mushrooms. You can purchase the mushrooms whole or sliced at most supermarkets or specialty food stores.